Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sugar Test

Whew! Glad that's over. Yesterday I went for my check-up and sugar test. I had to fast for 12 hours and then they drew blood. Then I had to drink this sugar drink (tasted like a really sweet sunkist). I had this done with Andrew and Ben so I knew it wasn't going to be fun. This time though I got really light headed and started to feel as if I were going to pass out. They had me lay down and it finally passed.

Everything still looks good. I actually did not gain any weight this month...I am trying really hard to eat healthy and not gain a bunch of weight...before I got pregnant I had worked so hard to get off weight from Andrew and Ben and still wasn't where I wanted to be. So far I have gained 10 pounds. I think that's okay but I do know that in the end you usually put on a good bit of weight...we'll see. I discussed with Dr. Mills about what to expect with my due date. He said that he would see how I dialated but that he definitely would not let me go past 39 weeks. So, I have 10 weeks to go. I really want to be prepared with my classes and all...so I've got to get busy on lesson plans and such!! I have definitely carried this baby all in the front...one day I'll get a picture on here of my belly...it's just a little ball in the front!

I will start going every two weeks now to the doctor. My next visit will include a sonogram to check everything and see how big Sarah Beth is getting. It will be fun to actually see her moving and not just feel her. I also can't wait to see if she has any hair...I'm excited about BOWS!!

Keep us in your prayers!!

No comments: