Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our Newest Addition - Buttercup

Well, my Daddy did it. He got the boys another dog. We had a beautiful lab named Scooby that got poisoned and I was a little reluctant to get something else right now...but since Popa aquired this cutie for us, we won't complain.

Buttercup is a very small dog...she is 1/2 Jack Russell Terrier and 1/2 something else (that's really small). She is already tough, has to be with Ben wagging her around. The boys have loved having her around. So far, Andrew has been feeding and watering her. Roger made sure that he understood that he would have the responsibility of caring for her. Right now she is in a little pen on our carport but we hope to soon move her out to the big dog house where Scooby used to reside.

When we got home from school yesterday, they quickly let her out of the pen. She stayed right with them in the yard, running and chasing them. She was so tired when we finally came in. One time we got to looking for her and she was almost asleep under the shed...they really gave her some exercise.

I know it's not fun to read a blog entry without pictures, but I don't have them with me today. I'll try to post a few tomorrow.

Sarah Beth and I are doing good...I have started having contractions (Braxton Hicks) pretty frequently throughout the day...just a sign that her entry into our world is getting closer. She is still very active at night...Oh, how I pray that she is a good sleeper. Ben was not until he was 18 months old...I'm not sure how I made it through except by God's grace! I'm not sleeping good already with this big belly, and I'm sure it won't get much better. But she'll be worth it I know!

I hope you all have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY!!

No comments: