Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Fun!

I often wonder why holidays and weekends seem to go by so fast when regular work days sometimes drag. This weekend did FLY by...I did a workshop for teachers Friday night and Saturday...so I guess that probably had something to do with it!


Yesterday, Sarah Beth and I woke up before the "guys"...so I thought it would be the perfect time for us to get the grocery shopping done. She cooed and talked the entire time in Wal-Mart. I am so glad she is a good shopper. The boys...well...let me just say it...THEY HATE SHOPPING! We took our time and then stopped by and got breakfast for our "guys" at McDonald's before heading home. Roger unloaded the groceries and help me put them away and then we started packing for the lake. We decided to take the boys for a little outdoor fun. Nathan and Courtney (my brother and sister-in-law) along with another couple from our church were camping there. We arrived and enjoyed some grilled hamburgers and took a bike ride. We then headed for the beach. The boys were so excited. Roger took them for a swim while Sarah Beth and I stayed put on the shore...she was actually taking a little nap at the time.


My brother borrowed a jet ski from a friend of his to use for the weekend. Everyone enjoyed taking it for a spin. Roger took the boys for a few laps...they loved it. Then we enjoyed a lap together. Here are a couple of pictures...







The kids were all whooped by the days end. We didn't have trouble getting them or ourselves to sleep last night. We really had a lot of fun! Maybe one day we'll get a camper and start "getting away" more often. It is so nice to just enjoy each other's company...without the computer and tv and phones to get in the way. I have pictures of the kids...I'll post those a little later! Have a great Tuesday!


Here's one of Sarah Beth...





No comments: