Monday, May 4, 2009

Our first days with Sarah Beth!

Where do I begin? My heart is full...having a sweet baby girl to add to our family has been such a blessing! Roger and I are both crazy about her and the boys...let's just say that they are VERY protective and love to love on her! Some nights she sleeps great and then other last night...she is up every two hours. We will soon be adding cereal to her diet and I'm sure that will make a huge difference. With the boys, I started adding cereal at two you can tell...I am not by the books...I just go by what Mama says :) It works!!!

My labor was definitely a different and scary experience. I was already having contractions when I checked into the hospital. They actually started the induction process at about 5 a.m. on Thursday morning. The nurse gave me some pretty strong pain medicine at about 9 a.m. to help get the edge off until Dr. Mills could come and give me the epidural. I was only at 2 cm at that time. He came to give the epidural at about 11. While inserting it, he accidentally punctured my dumas sak which contains spinal fluid. I immediately got a terrible spinal headache. He then had to move the epidural and restick me. It was a horrible experience. I was trying to remain calm...knowing that what had happened was not good...having contractions...and trying to remain so still. After he inserted the epidural, he suggested I remain completely flat and still to try to help with the headache. He explained to me and Roger that this very rarely happened and that I would have to have a blood patch to fix it after the baby was born. I immediately thought about how bad it was going to be to have her with this terrible headache and pressure. But God made a way!! After the epidural was inserted, he checked me and I was at 7 there fast. It was only about an hour and I started pushing...I pushed three times and she was here. We were all so glad that she was here, healthy and happy :)

He tried to do the blood patch after labor, but was he had to leave the epidural all hooked up....which was very painful in my back on top of the headache. And oh, they are remodeling the LDRP floor at the hospital so the rooms weren't the greatest. There were not even any tubs where you could soak...but anyway, the next morning, he was able to do the blood patch and it did help the headaches. I still have them some and the back pain is still there somewhat...but it is getting better everyday. She was worth it all!! I love holding her and rocking her and spoiling her! After all, this is most likely my last baby and I want to enjoy every minute of it. I will be off until we go back to school in August. I am so thankful to have this time with her and the boys. Andrew only has three weeks and he will be home with us. Pray for that...he gets bored easily...I am going to have to find some things to keep them occupied!

Here are some recent pictures...some are from church...and YES, she was in church her first Sunday in this were my boys...the way we see it...God gave them to us...if we honor Him and bring them to His house...He WILL protect them...and he has. Our church members are very good about steering clear and not getting too close. She has not been to any other public places...definitely not Wal-Mart!! She have to wait a while for that adventure! Well, I take that back...the card reader isn't working and she is wanting a I'll have to add the pics later...sorry!!


Kimberly said...

Cant wait to see more pictures!! She is precious!

Marilyn Bowen said...

She is beautiful. I appreciate your dedication and how Sarah Beth will learn to love the Lord!